June 4, 2021
by Mike Weinberg
Wisdom from a Talented Sales Leader Who Became a Super Successful Senior Executive
In Episode 10 Mike hosts a super successful sales leader and executive, his friend Joe Tarulli.
Be encouraged and challenged as Joe shares the keys to his success along with the key inflection points in his career as he progressed from individual contributor to sales manager to sales development leader to senior executive.
Learn about the power of…
- Taking an annual sabbatical from social media
- Sales managers understanding that they win “through” their people
- Focusing on making heroes of members of your sales team, not playing sales team hero
- Sales managers driving amazing results from focusing on the highest-payoff sales management activities
- A sales leader’s simple and highly effective approach to quickly turning around a struggling business unit
A few highlights
12:00 – power of selling: find areas to help customers and company achieve goals
14:45 – what triggered Joe to pivot into sales management
16:02 – how to make your team successful? be a hero maker, not a hero
17:33 – many managers struggle to delegate from pressure to hit numbers
22:48 – tenets of selling: different ways to sell in different cultures, languages, environments
28:17 – integrate results from sales development with buy-in and active participation
35:08 – ready for a new challenge
40:05– what does it take to win?
44:41 – Mike’s key takeaways and challenges
- Joe Tarulli on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joe-tarulli-95025510
- Supercharge Your Sales Leadership: https://mikeweinberg.com/events
- Sales Management. Simplified. – http://amzn.to/2tz7phn
Signup for email notification of new episodes to receive invitations to special free sales leader sessions: https://mikeweinberg.com/podcast
Please don’t forget to rate the show, leave a review, and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts!
VENUES, DATES & DETAILS FINALIZED FOR THREE SUPERCHARGE YOUR SALES LEADERSHIP EVENTS!
Click on the images below for more info: