If we are being honest, most of us like it when things are easy…when the wind is at our back, when we’re on a hot streak, and being carried along by momentum. But unfortunately, that’s not reality – at least for the long-term. We all hit rough patches and end up having to sell or lead a team through tough times. Occasionally, these hard times are predictable, and we can see them coming over the horizon. And at other times, we are totally blindsided by a competitor, a disruptive change in the marketplace, a personal or family hardship, or even a pandemic.
Whatever the cause and whatever the case, the harsh reality is, as this episode’s special guest reminds us, tough times are inevitable. The more important questions are:
- How do you prepare for tough times?
- How will you respond when they arrive?
- How will maximize your success in spite of them?
Paul Reilly, like Mike, is a sales pro through and through. He’s also speaker, sales trainer, and author who literally wrote the book on “Selling Through Tough Times.”
In this powerful episode Paul and Mike discuss…
- Why tough times are good and often catalyze necessary, positive change
- The importance of our immediate, initial response to adversity and how resilience drives success
- Why tough times (counterintuitively) are often the opportune time to prospect for new business
- The powerful effect a manager’s expectations have on the team’s performance – particularly during hard times
30-Day #ToughTimer Challenge: https://www.toughtimer.com/tough-timer-challenge/
Selling Through Time Times: Buy on Amazon
More on the book and free chapters to download: https://www.toughtimer.com/book/